This policy applies to all activities undertaken by Northumbrian Pantry Ltd and impacts upon key suppliers and customers.
We are committed to minimising the environmental impact of all our operations. In particular, we will achieve this through our commitment to:
- comply with all relevant legislation and regulations;
- work closely with environmental advisors and regulators to improve our overall environmental credentials and ensure the ongoing conservation of sensitive ecosystems for which we are responsible.
- regularly review the environmental impact of our activities, endeavour to reduce our overall environmental impact and prevent waste using best practice techniques;
- endeavour to use recycled materials in the packaging of all products in particular plastics
- involve future employees in our environmental programme and provide necessary training to enable them to discharge their responsibilities;
- sustain a programme of continual improvement in environmental performance incorporating suitable measurement and monitoring mechanisms;
- work with key suppliers to encourage them to develop environmental best practice; and
- improve resource efficiency (including our use of water, energy and raw materials).
- endeavour to reduce our carbon footprint which will include limiting the degree of transport of suppliers.
David and Alice Murray (Directors)